Basic Uniform Commercial Code
- for property that has been or is to be sold, leased, licensed, assigned, or otherwise disposed of,
- for services rendered or to be rendered,
- for a policy of insurance issued or to be issued,
- for a secondary obligation incurred or to be incurred,
- for energy provided or to be provided,
- for the use or hire of a vessel under a charter or other contract,
- arising out of the use of a credit or charge card or information contained on or for use with the card, or
- as winnings in a lottery or other game of chance operated or sponsored by a State, governmental unit of a State, or person licensed or authorized to operate the game by a State or governmental unit of a State.
The term includes health-care-insurance receivables. The term does not include
- rights to payment evidenced by chattel paper or an instrument,
- commercial tort claims,
- deposit accounts,
- investment property,
- letter-of-credit rights or letters of credit, or
- rights to payment for money or funds advanced or sold, other than rights arising out of the use of a credit or charge card or information contained on or for use with the card.