Wills, Trusts, and Estates
See pages 159–160 of the book.
- Put the full "Page X of N" at the bottom of the pages.
- Make sure the testator understands the will and get that in writing with just him.
- Then bring in the witnesses and notary and don't let them leave until done.
- Ask the testator if it's his will which he understands and desires in the presence of the notary.
- Ask the testator to request the witnesses to sign after him.
- Have the testator sign with the witnesses standing around him.
- Have the witnesses read the attestation clause.
- Have the witness sign.
- Have the testator and witnesses sign a self-proving affidavit swearing that the will was duly executed, which the notary then signs.
- Review the documents to make sure signed right.
- Write a memo saying you followed these protocols.
- Give the testator the will.