Gravity of Harm
Gravity of Harm—Factors Involved
In determining the gravity of the harm from an intentional invasion of another's interest in the use and enjoyment of land, the following factors are important:
- The extent of the harm involved;
- the character of the harm involved;
- the social value that the law attaches to the type of use or enjoyment invaded;
- the suitability of the particular use or enjoyment invaded to the character of the locality; and
- the burden on the person harmed of avoiding the harm.