Restatement Second of Contracts § 110(1)
- The following classes of contracts are subject to a statute, commonly called the Statute of Frauds, forbidding enforcement unless there is a written memorandum or an applicable exception:
- a contract of an executor or administrator to answer for a duty of his decedent (the executoradministrator provision);
- a contract to answer for the duty of another (the suretyship provision);
- a contract made upon consideration of marriage (the marriage provision);
- a contract for the sale of an interest in land (the land contract provision);
- a contract that is not to be performed within one year from the making thereof (the one-year provision).
Copyright, The American Law Institute